We have exciting news to share! As many of you know, our family has been practicing indigenous permaculture as best we can for many years now…what is known in the modern world as Permaculture is simply an articulation of layers of traditional ecological knowledge and indigenous science, not something that can be claimed to be invented by any one person but a lineage of collective wisdom of people living in alignment with our Mother Earth… I first took my permaculture design course at 18, and have been weaving the principles and foundation of this work into our homestead and educational programs ever since…
For the last few months, I have been collaborating, virtually, with 40 women, working in permaculture, from all over the globe. We set out to create an online permaculture course experience, that lifts the voices of women, promotes diversity and weaves in the social, emotional and cultural aspects of design. I am honored to be part of such an amazing, passionate, knowledgeable group of women! I feel fortunate to be a part of this collaborative team of over 40 women to develop a unique learning experience;
The course includes the standard 72-hour permaculture design curriculum, in which you design a landscape, plus an additional 42 hours of study and hands-on practice in cultural emergence, social justice & decolonization, seed stewardship, egalitarian group process, working with volunteers, regenerative entrepreneurship, art of hosting, designing for children, and permaculture pedagogy.
Permaculture isn’t just about gardening.
It’s about designing with nature: observing her functions, patterns and the interdependence of systems. It’s about building spaces and communities, not just to sustain growth and abundance, but to regenerate as well. Permaculture’s core principles can even be applied to our emotional and tribal ecosystems. It’s about growing, harnessing, protecting, and cultivating to create environments that thrive.
- Are you fired up and ready to take on the ecological and social problems in your community?
- Are you looking for practical, accessible solutions to those issues?
- Are you eager to connect with and be inspired by others creating change within their sphere of influence?
So are we.
Permaculture Women’s Guild presents
114-hr online Permaculture Design Course, with advanced training in Social, Emotional, Personal, and Cultural applications of ecological principles and stewardship philosophies.
More than 40 Women from 13 countries have crafted an accessible, comprehensive online course for a global community of mothers, sisters, healers, activists, gardeners, problem solvers, and eco-feminists.
We’re training a new generation of permaculture designers with the skills they need to not only design landscapes and create closed-loop homestead systems, but also to manifest personal, cultural and ecological abundance.
Community. Connection. Meaningful work. Take a life-transforming journey with us.
The course is delivered online, priced on a sliding scale, and you can go at your own pace, with access to the entire female faculty, in group chats.
Sign up through my link below and I will be personally mentoring you, reviewing your design and signing off on your certificate. Discount for the first 100 participants. This course is open to everyone, of all backgrounds, genders, expressions, and levels of experience!
Please share with anyone who might be interested in this opportunity, in groups or on your personal page. It directly supports our family, and the work we do at Sierra Seeds.
So, if you have wanted to take a Permaculture Design course, but a residential 12-day class just seems impossible, this class may be perfect.
( Yes prices are in Euros, because we have a global team, and the lead organizer lives in Spain! When you check out, it will convert to whichever currency you currently are using!)
What you will learn:
- History, foundations, tools and techniques of traditional permaculture.
- Land access, analysis, and ecological, whole system design strategies.
- Soil building, seed stewardship, animal husbandry and resource management.
- Urban permaculture, community organizing, and group process.
- Eco-building, appropriate technology, and alternative economies.
- Theoretical applications and practical approaches to decolonization and culture change.
- Boundaries, relationships, wellness,and self-care–applying permaculture to the inner landscape.
What you get:
- Lifetime access to all 37 modules, each with original writing and videos, images, downloadables, links for further research, and access to our private, 24-hour discussion forum.
- 40+ hours of hands-on practice in your home and community, to help you build your permaculture design portfolio.
- 3 hours of personal mentoring by one of the faculty, includes a design portfolio review, and private consultation via skype.
- A custom, signed permaculture design certificate,will be granted upon successful completion of all 37 modules and the Design Course Portfolio.
- Optional: study buddy, for collaboration and accountability.
Enroll now and save money!
Please join us in this unique opportunity to be among the first group of students to take this revolutionary course. Early bird price is only €500 (about $615) for the first 100 people who sign up before April 1st. Includes course, certificate, and 3 hours private tutoring with your personal faculty mentor.
The mission of the Permaculture Women’s Guild is to elevate the voices and wisdom of women in permaculture, thus all of our educators are women. However, anyone is welcome and encouraged to enroll in the PDC.